Mrs. Bardi's Virtual Library
Now that you have almost completed the first month of school, please visit the Media Center before school, during lunch or study hall if you have one. Many new materials have been purchased for your reading pleasure and your subject classes. Please volunteer during your free time. Please visit soon.
Destiny has a feature called Destiny Discover where after you log in, you can listen to audiobooks or read ebooks. To get back to the homepage, exit the page.
Try this feature today.
Nooks are available for check-out. The Nook Glowlight Plus eReaders are now available for checkout after an acceptable use policy is signed.
Find ebooks to check out from Destiny.
Download the app to read the book on your device!
- Destiny is the online catalog for print and electronic resources in Wayne Valley Media Center available in school, at home, and on your smartphone. On your computer, go to: http://library.wayneschools.com and click on Wayne Valley Media Center. The catalog tab will allow you to search for materials. Discover the digital resources in Destiny which include Nooks, audio CD's, online ebooks through FollettShelf and additional audiobooks through Catalist, playaways, and DVD's. On your smartphone, download the Destiny app. To access the FollettShelf, log into Destiny with your eight-digit ID number and your individual password, and click on the Catalog tab, You will see a tab for "FollettShelf" which hosts the ebooks. Click on any book to read. It will be checked out to you for two weeks and will be automatically returned to the library at the end of the check-out period. You may continue to read this book on that specific computer. You will also see a tab for Digital Resource Links. When you click on that link, it will direct you to Catalist Digital Audiobooks. You can now listen to Lord of the Flies, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Dubliners, Annabel Lee, The Book Thief, Cask of Amontillado, Daniel X Game Over, Divergent, or The Real Real. On the computer, you may listen to the book. To download the book, you must download the Catalist app for your smartphone. See Mrs. Bardi if you have any questions.
- Destiny is mobile! On your smartphone, go to your App store and search for "Destiny Quest." You will be asked to enter a web address. Enter library.wayneschools.com and click on Wayne Valley. You should now be able to access Destiny. Notice the web 2.0 features that are enabled. Become friends with other students and recommend books to one another. Put the books you have read in "MyQuest Shelf," the books you want to read, and the books you are currently reading. Search Wayne Valley's online catalog at any time.
- The Nook Glowlight Plus eReaders are in! Download the Acceptable Use Policy, have it signed, and come to the Media Center to check one out. Use Destiny to see what books are on the Nooks. Go to: http://library.wayneschools.com, click on Wayne Valley, then Catalog. Search Nook and read about the books that are on each Nook.
- Click on Research Resources to locate information on Destiny (the online card catalog), Online Database links, Search Tools, Web Evaluation, Plagiarism, Subject Resources, and Works Cited information. Lists for Literary Criticism, Office Reserve, Historical Fiction, New Books, and Vertical Files topics and corresponding websites are provided.
Locate information for your research requirements including Destiny, Print Materials, Online Databases, Subject Resources, How to do the Works Cited page, Search Tools, Web Evaluation, and Plagiarism.
Click here to find your teacher specific project including websites and online databases for each topic.
Find out the tasks necessary to creating a great webquest.
Following are links to sites that recommend great books for your reading pleasure. Lists for all types of genre are included.
Find out the book that the faculty are reading for their next meeting.
Learn about Wayne Valley Media Center's Mission Statement, goals, philosophy and the student agreement.
Instructions for Movie Maker and the types of audio and video files that may be embedded into your project are included. Added are instructions for creating an MP3 audio podcast using audacity.
MLA 8 is the current version of the Works Cited format. Included is MLA 7 is your teacher directs you to use the older version.
Download the Axis 360 app on your Apple or Android smartphone. Choose Wayne Valley High School and log in with you school computer credentials. Scan the list of books and check one out.
Download this file to view the ebooks on the Simple Touch Nook eReaders.
Download this file to view the ebooks on the Glowlight Nook eReaders.
Nook Glowlight Plus is the latest Nook. Download this file to view the ebooks on the Glowlight Nook Plus eReaders.
Please download the attached Acceptable Use Policy if you wish to borrow a Nook eReader.
This powerpoint will guide you when you begin your research paper. It shows you the print and electronic resources that are available for you to research articles about your topic.
Click on this link to see the new books that have been ordered for 2016-2017 school year. As more books are received the list will be updated.
|MRS. BARDI: Destiny Resource Lists||Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 at 10:38 AM|| Discuss|
|Watch this video to learn how to create Resource Lists in Destiny, the online catalog.
Discuss (0 comments)
|MRS. BARDI: Bleach 13, 14, 15||Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 10:12 AM|| Discuss|
|Ichigo and his friends are so close to saving Rukia but will the Captains allow him to do so? Come see this Bleach book on how our heroes our doing.
Discuss (0 comments)
|MRS. BARDI: Bleach book 4,5,6||Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 10:06 AM|| Discuss|
|Discuss (0 comments) |
1. DestinyDestiny is available to all students both in school and at home. Click on the link to access the Wayne Valley Online Catalog called Destiny. You can look for all resources that are in Wayne Valley Media Center. 2. Wayne Valley Summer Reading ListCllick on this link to locate the current reading list for the summer. 3. Wayne Public LibraryClick on Wayne Public Library to access their catalog. 4. William Paterson University CatalogClick on William Paterson University Catalog to access their catalog. 5. Picturing America PostersI am privileged to have been awarded a series of 40 laminated, double-sided posters through a grant provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities to teach American History. It is a program to develop art appreciation through the use of these posters in the classroom. All areas of art are represented including painting, sculpture, architecture, and photography. They are to be displayed in classrooms, offices, display cases, and the Media Center. Teachers in all subject areas may incorporate these posters into their lessons in any way possible. In addition to the posters, I have a book which includes suggested lessons. Please come to the Media Center to determine which poster might by suitable for a lesson in your classroom.